Quick Facts About NJSAR
- Does Not Charge for Service.
- Officially recognized as a state and county Emergency Management Resource.
- Operates on public safety radio frequencies.
- 45-55 unpaid professionals on-call 24 hours a day via pagers.
- Trained for year-round day or night searches in almost any weather condition.
- Members provide their own equipment and respond in their own vehicles.
- Owns trailers to carry search and rescue equipment, technical rope rescue equipment, and to serve as an on-scene base or office.
- Owns an extensive collection of detailed topographic and other maps of northern New Jersey and southern New York.
- Has responded to searches in northern New Jersey, southern New York, and eastern Pennsylvania.
- Provides mutual-aid to other SAR teams on prolonged or extensive searches.
- Relies entirely on donations or grants for funding.
Back to Home Page